What we do
SkadiNu is a consultancy with capabilities in strategic thinking, applied physical sciences, computational services, and remote field operations.
We provide high quality services across these areas, supported by strong project and program delivery skills.
Who we are
We are the SkadiNu Collective - a network of multidisciplinary PhD scientists, engineers, strategists, and analysts which spans the globe.
Together we combine our strong science and technical skills to innovate and incorporate the latest thinking and technical excellence to each project.
Where we came from
SkadiNu was born out of a desire to mobilise state-of-the-art technologies and ideas from research for the benefit of all others. We exist to package up science innovations driven from academia and make them accessible to Clients in a supported way. We enable planners, policy makers and others, to use the very best tools available to underpin decision making, and design, across a range of applications.
How we deliver
We are highly agile, and our innovation extends in endless ways in which we can deliver, limited by the imagination.
Far from a traditional consulting model, we offer bespoke approaches and services to best suit your unique project.
The SkadiNu collective can provide agile and specialist personnel to work with you, remotely or on-site. We can offer our expertise both with consulting services packages and by embedding our specialists within your project or organisation on secondment arrangements.
Many of the projects on which we work are of a bespoke nature. We may jointly develop scope of works, to ensure that we can meet a Client's needs to a level of satisfaction required to achieve the project, whilst being realistic and attainable. We offer a range of services including:
- Project Management
- Project Delivery and Reporting
- Secondment of personnel to your organisation. Our personnel may work on-site with you, or may work on your tasks remotely.
Specialist professional personnel placements
Having the right expertise and skill sets as early as the planning and development stage of a project, can greatly contribute to proposal success and is a is a key element in achieving project outcomes. For organisations wishing to extend their research capabilities into new areas we can offer members of the SkadiNu collective who can provide:
- Proposal and grants development assistance and review
- Personal to work on secondment within a project team for periods of time to manage and mentor personnel through key milestones
- We specialise in assisting organisations who have skills to undertake the scoping activities and ongoing use of models and data, but require skills to build up numerical model and analysis tools. We can provide in house assistance with establishment, training and ongoing operation of the model
Specialist personnel placements - remote field services
Having the right combination of expertise and skill sets in the field can often mean the difference between a projects success over failure. The SkadiNu collective can provide:
- Remote area guiding services - To provide your team with mountaineering and glacier travel services.
- Specialist watercraft operators - To act as maritime co-ordinators with ships crew, for projects involving deployments of AUVs, or working from vessels under charter.
- Equipment technicians - To support rapid deployment of temporary or fixed installations in remote areas under difficult working conditions.
- Deep field camp management - We can provide experienced deep field operations coordinators , to establish and manage your base camp and associated logistics for the duration of your field campaign. Including camp safety, aviation support, power and fuel management, and other services.
SkadiNu acknowledge the traditional custodians of country throughout Australia and recognise their continuing connection to land, water and community. We pay our respects to them and their cultures; and to Elders both past and present.